Wednesday, June 22, 2011

25 weeks

25 weeks

It's been a busy week and it feels like the weekly bump anniversary has crept up on me. I'm a little sad that time seems to be racing by. Of course I am excited and eager to meet the little one but I am also aware that this is such a precious, special time and want to make the most of it.

K & I are hoping to head down the coast for a weekend soon for some nice slow and simple times. Until then we've been doing our best to escape the business of the week and have cracked out a jigsaw puzzle I bought at a garage sale and started chipping away after dinner some nights. I've also been practising knit and purl stitches and hope to get my technique down pat so I can justify buying some lovely yarn like this. Yep, it's crazy times here in the Village.

The bump appears to change shape and grow daily now. K has decided he's going to talk to the little one in Portuguese as he/she grows up, and it's so beautiful when he sings Brazilian lullabies into my belly. He doesn't do it often as he gets a little bashful about it, but it just melts my heart.

5 comments:

  1. i love the print in the frame - it looks familiar ..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print was one of my first purchases on Etsy years ago...I bought it from this shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/linocreative

    I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tummy!!
    And I love the idea of Brazilian lullabies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely bump. I love love love the thought of bashful Brazilian lullabies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stripey bump goodness. love!

    ReplyDelete